No credit card required
Getting the Most from Investor Relations
Key considerations for directors:
• Small-cap companies often start out on the wrong foot with IR firms.
• Companies and IR firms are equally to blame for some of the recurring problems that can plague these relationships.
• It takes time and effort to objectively identify where a company needs help communicating with the Street.
• Hiring IR firms should be part quantitative and part qualitative.
• Managing IR firms takes patience and vigilance.
Common Mistakes to avoid:
• Being too cynical or having unrealistic expectations.
• Not scrutinizing past performance or adequately checking references.
• Failing to thoroughly vet account managers ...