By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Explain the general nature of workers’ compensation laws.
• Utilize the exclusive remedy rule.
• Recognize those injuries that are related to, arise out of, and are in the course of employment.
• Enumerate those actions of employee misconduct that can result in denial of workers’ compensation benefits.
• Define benefits available under workers’ compensation.
• Compare workers’ compensation laws with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and ...