Safety and Health
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Describe the overall duties and responsibilities imposed by the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
• Explain the nature of recognized safety and health hazards.
• List safety regulations applicable to most workplaces.
• Define the nature of workplace violence in the workplace.
• Formulate basic approaches to preventing workplace violence.
• Recognize the effects of workplace bullying.
A grim reality is that workers get sick, injured, and killed ...