By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Comply with the basic requirements of significant federal laws dealing with employee compensation.
• Define fundamental terms and concepts under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• Calculate basic overtime pay.
• Determine compensable hours.
• List the requirements for exemption from the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
• Categorize jobs that may fall under child labor laws.
• Avoid actions that directly violate the FLSA
Every organization wants ...