A Lively Livelihood
The highest reward from your working is not what you get for it but what you become by it.
PROPOSITIONS ABOUT WORKING
1. Being a “workaholic” is good for your health.
2. An “unbalanced” life is a good one.
3. All our time is “quality time.”
4. Time management is a waste of time.
5. Healthy success cannot be pursued.
WORKING TOWARD POVERTY
When Mother Teresa visited the United States, she described the slums of Calcutta as “the poorest place I’ve ever been in my life.” She wasn’t referring to economics. She was describing a general poverty of the soul, the condition I’ve been describing as mindlessness.
After he was diagnosed with a brain tumor, the successful Republican campaign strategist Lee Atwater ...