The art of influence
‘The greatest ability in business is to get along with others and to influence their actions.’
John Hancock, American politician
This chapter covers:
- what influence is and how it relates to power and authority
- the attributes of influential leaders
- group dynamics, alphas and the underestimated power of body language
- the importance of stakeholders and how to manage them efficiently to reach desirable outcomes
- the importance of multiple and diverse networks to sustaining performance and creating value for the company.
Rasputin and Olympes de Gouges
Gregory Rasputin was a nineteenth-century Russian mystic. The self-proclaimed holy man schmoozed his way into the Romanov Court at a time when both the empire and the Church ...