The good middleman does not lack goods.
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
• Understand the importance of logistics intermediaries to supply chain operations.
• Explain the specific roles of logistics intermediaries in the dynamically changing global marketplace.
• Understand the impact of the country’s government policy and regulations on the role of logistics intermediaries.
• Comprehend the differences in service offerings among various types of logistics intermediaries.
• Identify a host of factors influencing the intermediary selection decision.
• Recognize the managerial benefits and shortcomings of hiring logistics intermediaries.
• Learn to exploit the ...