Have you stepped up to a digital single-lens-reflex (dSLR)
camera only to find the range of capabilities daunting? Combining
features traditionally found on 35mm film cameras — precise
shutter speed and exposure settings, interchangeable lenses and
accessories, superior image quality — with the ease and
storage capacity of digital cameras, a dSLR is a powerful new tool
that can create truly great digital pictures. But the learning
curve for photographers moving from the point-and-shoot digital
world can be formidable. In this book, photo-grapher and industry
consultant Jon Canfield shows you how to take full advantage of
dSLR photography, illuminating the entire process with nuggets of
hard-won expertise. He also shows you how to use popular
image-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop
Elements to improve your images.The Digital SLR Guide is brimming
with tips and tricks for getting the most from your equipment. The
book is heavily illustrated with images and provides everything you
need to know about choosing and using dSLR cameras and
You’ll learn how to:
• Get the right stuff. Explore popular digital SLR cameras and compare accessories, such as lenses, flashes, and filters.
• Learn the camera inside and out. Master dSLR camera controls and advanced features for maximum impact.
• shoot like an expert. Cut to the chase with innovative, time-saving, and creative photography techniques.
• Edit your images. Use Photoshop and Photoshop Elements to make your pictures even better.
• Boost quality. Work with high-quality raw capture modes for the best possible photos.