Working in employment
Most of us have worked for somebody else at some stage in our lives either on a full-time or part-time basis.
Am I employed?
Generally speaking you are regarded as employed:
- if you work for the same organization from day to day; and
- you do not have the risks associated with the running of a business.
If the answer is ‘yes’ to most of the following questions then you will correctly have been categorized as having employee status:
- Do you have to do the work yourself?
- Can you be told where to work, when to work, how to work and what to do?
- Can you be moved from job to job?
- Do you have to work a set number of hours?
- Are you paid a regular wage or salary?
- Can you get additional pay for overtime and a bonus?
- Are you entitled ...