O'Reilly logo

The Creative Fight: Create Your Best Work and Live the Life You Imagine by Chris Orwig

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Chapter Fourteen. Survival

Image

When it comes to survival, Laurence Gonzales can shed some light. Gonzales is an adventurer and scientist who has been studying the art of survival for over 35 years. In his book Deep Survival he seeks to answer the question of why some people survive catastrophe and others die. He writes, “When confronted with a life-threatening situation, 90% of people freeze or panic, while the remaining 10% stay cool, focused, and alive.” Recounted in numerous examples, one of the main differences between life and death is the ability to get the amygdala (discussed in the previous chapter) to calm down. Panic is a very uncreative ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required