In This Chapter
• Telling Windows 8 about your scanner or digital camera
• Importing images from the digital camera to your computer
• Scanning images to your computer
• Getting the hang of memory cards
• Working directly with photos stored in a digital camera
It used to be that the only way to get an image onto your computer was either to create it yourself or to grab a pic from a clip-art collection or photo library. If you lacked artistic flair or if you couldn’t find a suitable image, you were out of luck.
Now, however, getting images into digital form is easier than ever, thanks to two graphics gadgets that have become more affordable: A document scanner acts much like a photocopier; ...