It’s Your Life on Facebook
Your Facebook page is like your virtual front office. You use it to accomplish the following tasks:
• Meet customers for the first time
• Manage customer compliments and complaints
• Create a positive public image
• Interact directly with the public
Notice what isn’t on the list:
• Have company discussions
• Manage internal problems
• Handle major service issues
In other words, you shouldn’t use Facebook to deal with the messy, complicated stuff related to the internal workings of your business. Instead, you want your customers to view your Facebook page as a map to find whatever it is they’re looking for.
Are You on Facebook Yet?
Chances are you’re one of the 800 million users already on Facebook. However, at this ...