How Important Is Pay to Employees?
Of course, a paycheck is a good thing. But it’s not the only motivating factor for employees. Other factors include these:
• Job challenge
• Career opportunities
• Interesting work
• Flexible work schedule
• A supportive workplace
• Recognition of achievement
• Opportunity to work as part of a team
• Investment in the goals of the company
• Fairness in the workplace
• Good communication
• Feeling of being appreciated
• Sense of camaraderie
Even if all factors are in place, however, employees still expect, and rightly so, to be appropriately and fairly compensated. When the country, and much of the rest of the world, went into recession near the end of 2007, many workers were forced to forego salary increases ...