Employment-related tests come in six types:
• Knowledge tests. How much do you know in a given area?
• Skills tests. How proficient are you at certain tasks—typing or data entry, for example?
• Aptitude tests. What is your performance potential, based on natural abilities?
• Career interest inventories. What jobs interest you most?
• Personality or psychological tests. How do your traits and character stack up against those of others?
• Integrity tests. How honest and trustworthy are you?
You may be asked to take any one or a combination of these tests.
Polygraph (lie-detector) tests were once popular employment ...