Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest are changing the way consumers make purchasing decisions . . . and tapping into these online communities has become a necessary part of any integrated sales strategy. Citing enlightening research and real-world examples, this smart, practical guide presents readers with a detailed methodology for growing sales and expanding their customer base using social media. Readers will learn how to: • Use content and conversations to build online relationships that transition to sales
• Execute realistic sales strategies for each of the major social media platforms
• Spot social media trends that may influence future buying behaviors
• Sell online in B2B and B2C environments
• Turn social shares (likes, favorites, +1s) into social sales
• Set tangible goals
• Use online tools and analytics to track social influencers and identify relevant conversations as they are happening Complete with a chapter dedicated to capturing mobile sales—a segment poised to explode as the adoption of smartphones and tablets grows—The Art of Social Selling is essential reading for every sales professional.