Chapter 7 - How Joins Work Under the Covers
“The covers of this book are too far apart.”
Teradata Join Quiz
Which Statement is NOT true!
- Each Table in Teradata has a Primary Index, unless it is a NoPI table.
- The Primary Index is the mechanism that allows Teradata to physically distribute the rows of a table across the AMPs using a Hash Formula and the Hash Map.
- Each AMP Sorts its rows by the Row-ID unless it is a Partitioned table, and then it sorts first by the Partition and then by Row-ID which is actually the Row Key.
- For two rows to be Joined together, Teradata insists that both rows are physically on the same AMP.
- Teradata will either Redistribute one or both of the tables or Duplicate the smaller table across all AMPs ...