Chapter 10. Launching the Technology Venture
After reading this chapter, students should be able to:
▪ Conduct the research necessary to support assertions of a business plan
▪ Network for resources, including capital and human
▪ Aggregate resources necessary to launch a venture
▪ Create performance standards to ensure venture goals are met
▪ Establish an operating foundation for long-term venture success
Tech Venture Insight
Networking Opens up Opportunities
In computer lore, Stephen Wozniak is well recognized as the co-founder of Apple Computers (now Apple, Inc.). Apple was a huge contributor to the computer revolution of the 1970s, particularly because of the success achieved by both Apple I and Apple II.
An interesting element ...