O'Reilly logo

Supply Chain Strategy, Second Edition: Unleash the Power of Business Integration to Maximize Financial, Service, and Operations Performance, 2nd Edition by Edward H. Frazelle

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

CHAPTER 1

RightChainSupply Chain Strategy

“Strategy is the key to warfare.”

—SOLOMON

I begin all our seminars with a discussion on the motivation to attend. In the case of our RightChain strategy seminar, the foundation for this book, it’s easy. Based on formal and informal research with our clients and seminar attendees, less than 30 percent of all supply chain projects are successful. In harsher terms, approximately 70 percent of supply chain projects fail! If the project involves software, the failure rate climbs to 85 percent. It’s hard to imagine embarking on any project if the probability of success is only 15 percent. With all the research that has been conducted, all the software tools that have been developed, all the education programs ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required