Now in its second edition, Supply Chain Risk Management is essential reading for anyone who wants to know about the growing impact of risk on supply chains, its management and how to mitigate its effects. Using jargon-free, accessible language, it identifies both the possible effects that disruptions can cause and how to plan for them, discussing risks varying from traffic congestion to major environmental disasters.
This practical title:
• defines risk and supply chain management
• explains current trends affecting supply chains
• offers detailed guidance on how to identify and analyse the various risks to supply chains
• describes approaches to risk management and steps needed for its implementation
• gives practical advice on how to create a resilient supply chain and, in the worst case, how to plan for and respond to disasters
• includes up-to-date case studies such as the BP oil spill and the Chilean mining disaster