Nonmanufacturing measurements, which are sometimes difficult to establish, might include the following:
• Percentage of late reports.
• Computer input incorrect.
• Errors in specific reports as audited.
• Percentage of significant errors in reports; total number of reports.
• Percentage of late reports; total number of reports. Average reduction in time spans associated with important reports.
• Pinpointing high-cost manufacturing elements for correction.
• Pinpointing jobs yielding low or no profit for correction.
• Providing various departments with the specific cost tools they need to manage their operations for lowest cost.
• Success ...