We’ll make the Keynotes available here as soon as possible after they happen. Video of the sessions and tutorials will be available a few weeks after the end of the conference.
The chief data officer for Goldman Sachs, a cofounder of the blockchain computing platform Ethereum, Google Cloud's chief decision scientist, an expert in brain-based human-machine interfaces, and dozens of senior-level data engineers from companies like American Express, Netflix, Uber, Cloudera, Amazon Web Services, and Intel; these are just a few of the 300+ experts in data science, data technology, and data-driven business strategy who spoke at the Strata Data Conference New York 2018. Obtain this video compilation and you'll have the opportunity to see virtually everyone who presented. If you're looking for guidance on how to achieve demonstrable ROI for your data projects, architect data applications that achieve your specific goals, or just want to solve those irritating data problems that interfere with your workflows, this video compilation is for you. It contains some of the best presentations delivered at the conference, offering you an insider's perspective on data's latest strategies, tools and technologies.
- Deep dive tutorials from big data's most experienced practitioners, including Karthik Ramasamy (Streamlio) on how to build an end-to-end data processing pipeline; Vartika Singh (Cloudera) on how to leverage Spark and deep learning frameworks to understand data at scale; and Joshua Poduska (Domino Data Lab) on how to design and run data science organizations that have a sustained, scalable, and predictable impact on business outcomes.
- Thought-provoking keynotes from data visionaries such as Jeffrey Wecker (Goldman Sachs), Joseph Lubin (Consensus Systems), Jacob Ward (CNN), Julia Angwin (ProPublica), Amber Case (MIT Media Lab), Ziya Ma (Intel), and Amanda Pustilnik (Center for Law, Brain & Behavior, Massachusetts General Hospital).
- The Strata Business Summit: Sessions and executive briefings detailing how companies like Cerner, Fidelity Investments, Deere & Company, Munich Re, and Navistar built their successful data strategies. Includes talks by Erin Coffman (Airbnb) on how Airbnb drives data driven decision making with its Data University; Jennifer Prendki on how data science managers use Agile techniques to make their teams more efficient; and others by Cassie Kozyrkov (Google), Kimberly Nevala (SAS Institute), Jonathan Seidman (Cloudera), and more.
- Findata Day: Data-meets-finance sessions designed for bankers, analysts, entrepreneurs, financiers, and technologists. Includes talks such as Theresa Johnson (Airbnb) on Airbnb's revenue forecasting platform; Patrick Angeles (Cloudera) on the data platforms big banks use to comply with post-2008 financial crisis regulations, and Amro Alkhatib (Daman) on using real-time ML-based systems to automate and speed insurance claims processing.
- Data engineering and architecture sessions, including Michael Freedman (TimescaleDB) on the time-series data management and analytics features of open-source TimescaleDB; Zhe Zhang (LinkedIn) on new frameworks that can run TensorFlow on managed clusters (Kubernetes, Mesos, Hadoop, etc.); and William Benton (Red Hat) on why data scientists should love Linux containers.
- Data science and machine learning sessions, including Alberto Andreotti (John Snow Labs) on using AI and Spark NLP to extract facts from patient records; Archana Anandakrishnan (American Express) on DataQC Studio, AMEX's automated data quality assurance tool; and Joshua Patterson's (NVIDIA) overview of the GPU Open Analytics Initiative (GoAi).
- Sessions devoted to streaming systems and real-time applications; sessions on big data and data science in the cloud; sessions on law, ethics, governance; sessions on visualization and user experience; and sessions on platform security and cybersecurity.
- 100+ hours from the Strata Data Conference NY 2018 to view at your own pace.