15. Annual financial stock-take
‘Lack of money is the root of all evil.’
GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
Here are 20 questions that are designed to give you a pretty good handle on the general state of your finances and the chance to come up with an action plan. It’s a good idea to do it annually, but the start of a recession is a particularly good time to do a spot check.
1. What’s the state of your mortgage? Are your current mortgage and provider giving you the best deal?
2. If you are in debt, how much of it can you clear over the next 12 months?
3. Do you have your credit cards under control?
4. Can you reduce your outgoings?
5. How’s your pension looking? Should you be investing more?
6. Does your investment portfolio need rebalancing?
7. What are ...