Why would one embark on an Ownership Transfer exercise? Because there is a need to change the status quo. There is a problem at some level, which needs addressing. It could be for any of the below reasons:
• The current team is not performing as desired.
• The costs of the program are too high.
• Geopolitical reasons make staying in the current location untenable.
• You need to reduce risk of being too dependent on a partner.
• It’s the final phase of a build-operate-transfer (BOT).
Whatever the reason may be, the purpose of change is to improve and stabilize how the application supports business needs. However, the transfer process should not compromise the purpose for which it was created. Business needs must ...