Time for action - low poly curves and circles
All circles and curves in SketchUp are made up of straight lines. The default number of straight lines in a circle is 24.
- Draw a circle and zoom in to the edge. You can see a facetted edge as shown in the preceding screenshot. This is because SketchUp draws circles and arcs as a series of lines to create the curvature.
- Now Push/Pull the circle to create a cylinder.
- To find out how many polygons are being used to make up the cylinder go to Model Info | Statistics.
- The number of faces will be 26. Now delete this cylinder and draw another circle. Select the edge only.
- Right-click and select Entity Info ...