Chapter 11Coordinating the Shoot
- Learn about the common types of “talent” you will want to use—on-camera narrator, voice-over narrator, or both.
- Discover the pros and cons of using professional versus amateur talent.
- Learn the roles of the production crew and what skills and experience to look for.
- Learn how to organize the shooting schedule.
- Learn what goes into scouting a location.
Now it’s time to turn our attention to some other components of pre-production: coordinating and arranging talent, crew, props, supplies, wardrobe and makeup, and locations.
Talent is an industry term to denote the people who will be in the video whether shown on camera or as voice-over with either speaking parts or not. Your talent ...