O'Reilly logo

Seven Steps to Success for Sales Managers: A Strategic Guide to Creating a Winning Sales Team Through Collaboration by Max F. Cates

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

6. Sixth Step: Success Through Performance Measurement

“When we ask chief sales officers and sales leaders how they measure sales performance, 60% say they don’t measure it at all. Of the remaining 40%, a majority depend solely on a single trailing indicator, performance against quota,” says Dave Stein, author and sales consultant. That’s not surprising considering that performance measurement, to many of us, is like flies at the picnic. We’re so focused on everything that goes into making the sale that measurement can be an annoying buzz, something we tend to ignore or wave away. If you have the gift of analysis, congratulations. That’s usually not a strength of salespeople or managers. It’s safe to say that we’re less likely to be “numbers” ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required