• Realize the need for physical security for the protection of assets.
• Understand the security principle of defense-in-depth for the protection of assets.
• Know the functions of barriers in a defense-in-depth approach to physical security.
• Understand the concepts involved in crime prevention through an environmental design approach to the effective use of the built environment.
• Be able to apply the routine activity theory to the protection of assets through defense-in-depth and crime prevention through an environmental design.
• Be aware of the modes of attack for the penetration of a perimeter and internal barriers to gain unauthorized access.
• Know the methodology for assessing glazing barriers against ...