Concept of Security
• Discuss what constitutes a traditional approach to the nature of security.
• Critique the scientific method and engineering design process for the study of security science.
• Examine the diverse and interrelated disciplines and practice domains of security.
• Evaluate theories or concepts that provide definitions of security.
• Appraise the need to provide context when defining the concept of security.
• Defend a framework that supports a contextual definition of security science.
The traditional academic disciplines have evolved and developed over centuries to reach their current state of refinement. These traditional disciplines, such as astronomy, physics, mathematics, medicine, and, more ...