Using ASDM, you can perform three operations on the ASA/PIX Security Appliance associated with IP Audit:
View a list of the signatures and choose which signature will be triggered by the ASA/PIX.
Apply an IP Audit policy and action to an interface.
Monitor which signatures have been triggered.
When you use ASDM in conjunction with ASA and SSM, you have the following key IPS GUI features available:
Signature Configuration— This GUI option enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Enable/disable signatures.
- Set actions such as packet drops.
- Alert using SNMP traps.
- Packet captures on alarm traffic.
- Customize existing signatures.
- Create new custom signatures.
- View details of existing signatures. ...