Combinations of Power
Now you know the eight elements that give you power over the other person. To recap, they are the following:
1. Legitimate Power (the power of your title or your position in the marketplace).
2. Reward Power (the ability to reward the other person).
3. Coercive Power (nearly always perception, not reality).
4. Reverent Power (the ability to project a consistent set of values).
5. Charismatic Power (the power of the personality).
6. Expertise Power (an ability that the other person does not have).
7. Situation Power (power that stems from circumstances).
8. Information Power (knowledge that the other person lacks).
Take the time to rate yourself in each of those elements—not as you see yourself, or maybe not even ...