Time for action - open the sample pong project
Open the sample pong game that's included with Scratch:
- In Scratch, click the File | Open menu to display the Open Project dialog box.
- Click on the Examples button. Then open the Games folder and select Pong. Click OK to load the project.
- Play the game by clicking on the flag. Move the mouse left or right to control the paddle and hit the ball.
- Move the mouse up and down the stage. The paddle doesn't move.
- When you've had enough, stop the game.
- Let's get some more information about what the ball is doing. From the Motion palette, click on the checkbox next to direction. This displays a new report block on the stage that shows the ball's direction.
- Play the game again and note how the ball direction ...