What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• The types of Pickers available in the iPhone SDK
• How to implement the date picker object
• The capabilities offered by custom picker views
• The steps to implement the picker view protocols
• Ways to customize the display of a picker view
This hour marks a turning point in our lessons. With few exceptions, the past several hours presented iPhone interface components that you add to your applications. These typically involved accessing a few properties or trapping an event to execute an action. In this hour, the formula starts to change. We’ll be exploring pickers—a unique UI element that both presents information to users and collects their input. ...