WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS HOUR:
• How to use the CSS box model to understand positioning and styling containers on the screen
• About the sample page layouts that come with Dreamweaver
• How to insert div tags and apply id selectors to them
• How to use the Float and Clear properties
• How to horizontally center the design
In Hour 11, “Formatting Web Pages with Cascading Style Sheets,” you worked with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) styles and applied them to text. This hour builds on that knowledge, enabling you to write CSS styles that create a page layout. Page layout refers to designing the way a page looks when viewed in a browser. When you lay out a page, you position text, menus, and other page elements ...