Throughout the course of this book, you’ve learned how to build websites by hand, creating HTML pages one by one. In this lesson, you learn how to use applications to manage aspects of your website. These types of applications are generally called content management systems, and I explain how to use them to keep track of your content so that it’s easier to publish and maintain.
In this lesson, you learn the following:
• How content management systems came into being
• How to decide whether to use a content management system for your website
• What the common types of content management systems are
• How to work with hosted web applications in general
• How to use four popular content ...