What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• Becoming familiar with the animation editor
• Creating and saving a new animation
• What keyframes are, how they work, and how to create them
• Calling animations from GDScript
• Calling GDScript from within an animation
• Blending two animations together
• Smooth transitioning between subsequent animations
Animation is a key aspect in most games. It’s used to simulate running, jumping, grabbing, shooting, and many more actions that happen over time. Even when a character is standing still, it’s often given an idle animation, in which it moves up and down to give the impression that the player is breathing.
In this hour, you’ll learn how to use the animation editor, how to create animations, ...