What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• What is Godot’s Scene System
• What are nodes and how to use them
• How nodes and scenes relate to each other
• How resources are managed in Godot
• Explore the possibilities of the scene system
One special part of Godot and what makes it different from other engines is its Scene System. Godot is based upon nodes and how these compose a scene. In this hour, you’ll learn how this system works and what can be done with it. While this chapter may be more abstract, it is the foundation upon which Godot is built upon and will be helpful to design and develop all of your games.
All Godot games are based on nodes and scenes. Nodes are atoms of game functionality and are put together ...