What You’ll Learn in This Hour
• Building a simple (yet functional) Visual Basic application
• Letting a user browse a hard drive
• Displaying a picture from a file on disk
• Getting familiar with some programming lingo
• Learning about the Visual Studio 2012 IDE
Learning a new programming language can be intimidating. If you’ve never programmed before, the act of typing seemingly cryptic text to produce sleek and powerful applications probably seems like a black art, and you might wonder how you’ll ever learn everything you need to know. The answer, of course, is one step at a time. I believe the first step to mastering a programming language is building confidence. Programming ...