What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
You don’t have to be a computer professional to notice that email has become an extremely common feature of the modern world. Both professional and personal relationships now depend on email for fast, reliable communication across great distances. This hour introduces some important email concepts and shows how electronic mail services operate on a TCP/IP network.
At the completion of this hour, you will be able to
• Describe the parts of an email message
• Discuss the email delivery process
• Describe how an SMTP transmission works
• Discuss the mail retrieval protocols POP3 and IMAP4
• Describe the role of an email application
An email message is an electronic ...