• The three cloud consumer perspectives
• The four cloud provider perspectives
• First-mover cloud applications
• How SOA facilitates cloud computing
• A brief history of cloud and other computing delivery models
• How SAP can use the cloud today and how SAP may use it tomorrow
This hour introduces cloud computing, including how different clouds appeal to different types of consumers and providers. It then outlines several classes of cloud providers. An evolution of computing platforms from legacy to client/server, web-based, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and finally the cloud helps set the stage for a closer look at how SAP is already using (and can further use) the cloud ...