Stored procedures are at the heart of any client/server application. Using stored procedures, you can guarantee that processing is completed on the server. Stored procedures have many other benefits as well, including the following:
• Stored procedures help you to separate the client application from the database’s structure.
• Stored procedures help you to simplify client coding.
• Stored procedures process at the server (reduces required bandwidth).
• Stored procedures enable you to create reusable code.
• Stored procedures enable you to perform error-handling at the server.
• Stored procedures facilitate the security of data.
• Because stored procedures are pre-compiled, they execute ...