1. The most up-to-date version of Ruby on Rails Tutorial can be found on the book’s website at http://www.railstutorial.org/. If you are reading this book offline, be sure to check the Rails Tutorial website for the latest updates.
2. RailsSpace, by Michael Hartl and Aurelius Prochazka (Addison-Wesley, 2007).
3. URL stands for Uniform Resource Locator. In practice, it is usually equivalent to “the thing you see in the address bar of your browser.” By the way, the current preferred term is URI, for Uniform Resource Identifier, but popular usage still tilts toward URL.
4. These changes are slated for release as part of Rails 3, which is currently in beta.
5. In practice, this will involve omitting all files with
spec in their ...