RPG Programming Using XNA Game Studio 3.0 provides detailed information on role-playing games (RPGs) and how to create them using Microsoft’s XNA Game Studio 3.0. The book examines the history of the genre and takes a piece-by-piece approach to producing a 2D tile-based game, demonstrating how to create the various components that make up an RPG and implement them using C# and XNA Game Studio 3.0. By the end of the book, readers will have built a complete toolset that can be used to create data for their own RPGs.
Learn how to:
* Creating the characters and monsters that populate RPG worlds
* Add stats and skills to allow game entities to perform actions
* Populate the game world with items and treasures.
Construct a conversation editor to add another degree of interaction
* Create a multiple-step quest system to give players goals to research during gameplay
* Creating a tile engine for displaying the world
Populating the game world with items and treasure
* Implementing a sound and music system
* Adding multiplayer support