One website for all devices is the mantra of modern 21st century web development. In this video, web design guru Scott Davis offers a concise and practical look at the tools and design approach you need to ensure that your mobile website will look great on any device.
- Review three basic approaches to mobile app development: HTML 5, Native, and Hybrid
- Learn why responsive mobile sites display correctly on any device
- Discover proven techniques that solve the mobile-website-multiple-viewport problem
- Learn how declarative media queries in CSS3 simplify mobile orientation styling
- Discover Twitter Bootstrap, an easy method for creating mobile-friendly websites
- Learn HTML5 tricks for popping up a virtual keyboard, tapping a link to dial a phone, and more
- Make your mobile HTML5 app look like a native iOS or Android app in airplane mode
- Learn local storage techniques that make your mobile app run best when it goes offline
- Explore best practices for application caching in mobile apps
Scott Davis is the founder of ThirstyHead.com, a training and consulting company that that specializes in HTML5, mobile development, SmartTV development, NoSQL, Groovy, and Grails.