With the ever-increasing need to view websites on mobile
devices, websites have to be adaptable to thousands of different
screen resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, expert web
developer Joe Casabona teaches you how to leverage WordPress to get
the most out of responsive design, implement best practices,
automate important processes, and make your life easier overall.
You’ll start with a refresher on the core functionality of
WordPress, then dive into developing responsive themes and plugins.
Find out what to consider at the outset of the design process to
save hours of work during redesigns. Learn up-to-date best
practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and
preventing website bloat for better user experience no matter the
user’s connection speed. Finally, you’ll apply the
principles you learn to specific tutorials, such as building a
photo gallery, map page, and products page.
• Learn when to rely on themes and when it’s best to use plugins.
• Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
• Learn various navigation techniques, such as Jump to with
• smooth scrolling or Select box.
• Use popular responsive techniques, like picturefill.js, to make images respond to different screen resolutions and connection speeds.
• Explore frameworks, including Bootstrap and Foundation.
• Download dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design techniques, and test yourself with end-of-chapter quizzes.