Master the Underutilized Advanced Features of SQL and PL/SQL
This hands-on guide from Oracle Press shows how to fully exploit lesser known but extremely useful SQL and PL/SQL features―and how to effectively use both languages together. Written by a team of Oracle ACE Directors, Real-World SQL and PL/SQL: Advice from the Experts features best practices, detailed examples, and insider tips that clearly demonstrate how to write, troubleshoot, and implement code for a wide variety of practical applications. The book thoroughly explains underutilized SQL and PL/SQL functions and lays out essential development strategies. Data modeling, advanced analytics, database security, secure coding, and administration are covered in complete detail.
Learn how to:
• Apply advanced SQL and PL/SQL tools and techniques
• Understand SQL and PL/SQL functionality and determine when to use which language
• Develop accurate data models and implement business logic
• Run PL/SQL in SQL and integrate complex datasets
• Handle PL/SQL instrumenting and profiling
• Use Oracle Advanced Analytics and Oracle R Enterprise
• Build and execute predictive queries
• Secure your data using encryption, hashing, redaction, and masking
• Defend against SQL injection and other code-based attacks
• Work with Oracle Virtual Private Database
Code examples in the book are available for download at www.MHProfessional.com.
TAG: For a complete list of Oracle Press titles, visit www.OraclePressBooks.com