Understanding the Trident API
Trident API supports five broad categories of operations:
- Operations for manipulations of partitioning local data without network transfer
- Operations related to the repartitioning of the stream (involves the transfer of stream data over the network)
- Data aggregation over the stream (this operation do the network transfer as a part of operation)
- Grouping over a field in the stream
- Merge and join
Local partition manipulation operation
As the name suggests, these operations are locally operative over the batch on each node and no network traffic is involved for it. The following functions fall under this category.
- This operation takes single input value and emits zero or more tuples as the output
- The output of these ...