Integrate Powerful Scheduling Capabilities into Any Java Application or Environment
If your Java applications depend on tasks that must be performed at specific times or if your systems have recurring maintenance jobs that could be automated, then you need Quartz: the first full-featured, open source job scheduling framework.
Quartz Job Scheduling Framework reveals how to make the most of Quartz with virtually any Java EE or Java SE application, from the smallest standalone program to the largest e-commerce application. Best-selling author Chuck Cavaness shows developers and architects how to integrate Quartz with leading open source Java frameworks, including Hibernate and Struts.
Using practical examples, Cavaness illuminates everything from basic job scheduling to the use of Quartz in clustered environments and enterprise workflow applications. To jumpstart your own Quartz projects, he also presents a full chapter of “cookbook” sample code. Coverage includes
• Understanding the value of scheduling in the enterprise environment
• Installing and configuring the Quartz framework
• Scheduling jobs, and triggering them on simple or complex schedules
• Using JobStores to persist schedule information between JVM restarts
• Using Listeners to receive callbacks from Quartz when key events occur
• Extending Quartz with Plugins
• Accessing Quartz through a Web-based graphical interface
• Clustering Quartz applications, both horizontally and vertically
• Using RMI to schedule Quartz remotely
• Leveraging Quartz to automate maintenance and workflow