Design pro Andy Anderson is your guide in this how-to course covering the basics of working with the Figma prototyping design tool. He begins with an explanation of Figma's online collaborative prototyping environment (designers work from anywhere in the world, using any connected computer), before moving on to the build-out of an actual working prototype.
You'll learn how to add content in the form of text, images, and components; then look at how you export a project, and how you share a project. All that while you explore some time-saving tips and tricks, and much more... and it begins with the very first lesson.
- Gain hands-on experience building a functional prototype for a smartphone app
- Learn how to access the Figma site, start a project, and work online
- Pick up Figma shortcuts that speed up the prototyping design process
- Explore and use Figma's basic toolsets - layout grids, frames, etc.
- Learn how to add and control project images, components, and text
- Understand how to preview, share, and export Figma projects
Instructor Andy Anderson is the author of over a dozen best-selling books on graphics and design, including the O'Reilly titles "Getting Started with Adobe InDesign CC 2015" and "Learning Lightroom 6/CC." Funny, engaging, and always on point, he's worked with Adobe tools since 1990 and has taught Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Dreamweaver to thousands of happy students over the past 25 years.