All projects start with excitement and high expectations. Successful projects harness this excitement and maintain it consistently throughout the project. How is this accomplished? Certainly a large part of this is communication among all members of the project team. Another factor is establishing a sense of mission and using it to instill a sense of urgency in the project team. This chapter covers the following:
• The purpose and goals of the Inception phase
• Artifacts to be produced in the Inception phase
• The “soft” skills needed on a successful project, such as
• The importance of setting the project vision
• Best practices for maintaining communication throughout all organizations involved ...