When you have completed this chapter you should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following:
- definitions of ‘quality’;
- quality control and quality assurance;
- measurement of quality;
- detection of defects during the project life cycle;
- quality procedures: entry, process and exit requirements;
- defect removal processes, including testing and reviews;
- types of testing (including unit, integration, user acceptance and regression testing);
- the inspection process and peer reviews;
- the principles of ISO 9001:2008 quality management systems;
- evaluation of suppliers.
The key quality concern for IT projects is providing customers with the systems they need and which meet their requirements ...